Performance Education Group, comprising Performance Education and Performance Careers, is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). As The Graduate Employability Experts we help young people achieve career success through work-readiness training and work experience programs.
We are a leading organisation facilitating professional Work Integrated Learning (WIL) placements in Australia and work with 3,500 organisations in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide. These range from multinationals like Coca-Cola Amatil, Johnson & Johnson, Lend Lease and Westfield to many small and medium sized businesses across most industries.
Our students are degree qualified, or are currently studying, in professional areas such as Accounting, IT, Finance, Marketing, HR and Logistics/Supply Chain, and are looking to build their professional experience and gain exposure to the Australian workplace. Our WIL placements (internships) are designed to give graduates and current students of Australian universities the skills, exposure and training required to make a successful transition to the workforce.
Work Integrated Learning programs have become increasingly popular with organisations in Australia who want to connect with the graduate talent pool and help young people get started in their careers. Here are some of the top reasons organisations are embracing interns:
- It allows companies to connect with the latest highly-qualified, graduate talent pool
- They recognise the importance of giving young talent a chance to get started
- Some are incorporating WIL placements as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility and Diversity initiatives
- Interns bring fresh new ideas to the forefront
- It provides training, mentoring and management opportunities for staff
- There is no cost to the host company for the service and the interns are unpaid - their experience focuses on achieving learning outcomes and meets the definition of a Vocational Placements under the Fair Work Act
- There is no obligation for future employment
If you want to know why so many companies embrace WIL placements with Performance Careers, read what some of our host companies say or watch interviews with our host companies in the video on this page.
There is no cost involved if your organisation would like to accept a Performance Careers student. We arrange workers’ compensation insurance and will assist you in creating a formal Training Schedule. We also provide the student with regular feedback and support throughout their Work Integrated Learning experience.
There are no prerequisites for host companies in terms of size or staff numbers. We visit each new potential host company to talk you through the process as well as offer guidance and support as to how a WIL placement (internship) program could best support your company.
All you need to provide is a safe and supportive business environment, on-the-job supervision and training, as well as feedback during the placement period.
Performance Careers is the preferred provider of interns to some of Australia’s largest multi-national companies. Here are the top 10 reasons to source students from Performance Careers;
- All interns from Performance Careers are students who are undertaking recognised training programs with a vocational placement component
- Performance Careers is a dedicated WIL placement division consisting of specialists with extensive experience in recruitment, WIL placements and career coaching
- We have successfully placed 11,500 students into 3,500 host companies in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide
- We have experience working with companies across many different industries from large multi-nationals hosting multiple students to small, growth organisations
- Our students are recent university graduates or current students whose knowledge and skills are up to date and relevant, offering fresh eyes and bright ideas
- Our students undertake a comprehensive program designed to bridge the gap between study and professional employment, ensuring they are fully equipped to transition smoothly into the workplace and Australian business culture
- We take special care in identifying and understanding the student’s career goals and matching the right student to the right WIL placement opportunity you make available. You will choose which available students to interview and host
- There are no financial costs involved in accepting an intern
- We arrange workers’ compensation insurance
- Throughout the process the host company will receive full support from Performance Careers. We can assist you in creating an Induction Checklist and Training Schedule, and the student will receive regular feedback and ongoing support from his/her dedicated Placement Consultant
We would love to hear from you and see how we can partner to help young professionals kick-start their careers in Australia. It's a simple process that works and is mutually rewarding - that's why 3,500 companies have joined us and this number is growing every day.
Please contact us today on
- Sydney: Michele Ricketts | 02 9342 3606 | email
- Melbourne: Sinead Fergurson | 03 9049 9136 | email
- Adelaide: Anthony Loughhead | 08 8203 9013 | email