Our Professional WIL Placement (Internship) Program is designed to help you bridge the gap between study and professional employment. The 20 week program consists of 8 weeks training and placement preparation, followed by a 12 week Work Integrated Learning placement at a quality Australian host company. We will match you to the right internship placement taking into consideration your career goals, specific area of expertise, relevant experience, learning objectives, training needs and location.
Performance Careers is a leading organisation facilitating professional internships in Australia. As The Graduate Employability Experts, we have placed 10,000 interns into work integrated learning opportunities in 3,000 host companies.
Professional WIL Placement (Internship) Program Highlights and Inclusions
- Resume Preparation Session
- Interview Preparation Workshop
- Formal Training Agreement
- Work Integrated Learning placement of 12 weeks in your nominated profession
- Placement into a host organisation – we work with 3,000 host companies operating across most industries
- Formalised evaluation process with midpoint and exit placement reviews
- A dedicated Placement Consultant to mentor, coach and offer career advice throughout
- BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment Statement of Attainment on successful completion of the program
- Workers Compensation Insurance required for the placement
Our Work Integrated Learning placement has been recognised by ASQA as a vocational training course. During your placement you will work towards and be assessed for the national unit of competency: BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment.
Unique to Performance Careers this is the first, and only, WIL program of its kind in Australia!
The learning outcomes for this Work Integrated Learning Program include the development of skills and knowledge:
- To work within organisational requirements
- To work as part of a team
- To develop effective workplace habits
In order to achieve these learning outcomes students will have the opportunity to:
- Observe, contribute to and participate in business meetings
- Read relevant organisational documents e.g. position descriptions, policies and procedures
- Practise professional writing skills including emails, agendas, meeting minutes and reports
- Establish workplace relationships
- Build professional business communication skills
- Expand understanding of the application of legislation in the workplace
The Professional WIL Placement (Internship) Program consists of a number of training elements, assessments and evaluations. You must complete all of these elements in order to progress with the Program.
Week 7 – Online WHS Quiz (completed by student)
Week 14 – Multiple Choice Assessment (completed by student)*
Week 17 – Online Case Study (completed by student)*
Week 17 – Third Party Report (submitted by Host Company Mentor)*
Upon successful completion of the program students will receive:
- Nationally accredited Statement of Attainment BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment
- Performance Careers Certificate of Completion Work Integrated Learning Program
* Assessments for BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment
To be eligible for the Professional WIL Placement (Internship) Program you must meet the following criteria:
- IELTS 6.0 score overall with no less than 6.0 in each skill, or equivalent, if applicable
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Completed or enrolled in a degree or diploma in the area of nominated WIL placement
- Availability for a minimum of 3 days a week during office hours for placement
- Abide by the Performance Careers Student Code of Conduct, including maintaining professional standards and attitudes at all times at Performance Careers Campuses and at the Host Company
Professional WIL Placement (Internship) Program Fees:
We want you to be fully informed and make the best decision for your study needs. Please review our Program Brochure, Student Handbook and Policies and Procedures for further information on the Professional WIL Placement (Internship) Program. You can also view our 2017/2018 Professional WIL Placement Program start dates.