ACS IT Professional Year Program - Overview
The ACS Professional Year in ICT/Computing is developed by the Australian Computer Society (ACS). It provides international IT graduates from Australian universities with the practical skills and training required to enhance their career prospects.
As a leading accredited provider with campuses in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide, Performance Education's ACS (IT) Professional Year program provides IT professionals with an additional pathway from university to employment within Australia, offering job-readiness training and an invaluable 12 week IT Work Integrated Learning (Internship) placement.
The Australian Computer Society ICT Professional Year is an initiative of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) to address Australia’s skills shortage through enhancing the employability of recent international IT graduates. Upon completion of the IT Professional Year Program, qualifying candidates may be eligible to receive points towards their permanent residency under the Skilled Migration pathway.
ACS IT Professional Year Program – Course Structure
The ACS IT Professional Year Course is a 44 week program comprising of three stages:
Stage 1 - Face to Face Classes
The first stage of the ACS Professional Year program encompasses seven 4 week long subjects. It is designed to provide you with the theoretical knowledge and communication skills to successfully integrate into the Australian business setting in the IT field. Students are required to attend the Melbourne, Sydney or Adelaide campus one day a week. Find out more about the Professional Year subjects.
Stage 2 – Professional Work Integrated Learning Placement (Internship)
To help you apply your learnings and gain workplace experience, you will take part in a 12 week professional Work Integrated Learning placement in the IT field organised by our specialist Internship division, Performance Careers. We work with 2,750 host companies across Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney. View some example IT Professional Year internships.
Stage 3 – Practical Applications
During this final stage of your Professional Year course you will consolidate your Professional Year classroom studies and IT internship experiences and prepare to successfully begin the next stage of your life – working in your nominated profession in Australia. Practical Applications is run on campus in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide, and is unique to the Performance Education (ACS) IT Professional Year Programs:
ACS IT Professional Year Program – Intake Dates
For your convenience and work/life/study balance, we offer the flexibility to study one day a week with a choice of weekday and weekend days available. Our Melbourne and Sydney campuses offer ACS Professional Year classes every day of the week, while Adelaide offers them on Tuesdays and Sundays.
- Melbourne ACS IT Professional Year Course Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
- Sydney ACS IT Professional Year Course Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
- Adelaide ACS IT Professional Year Course Days: Tuesday, Sunday.
That means there are 16 guaranteed intake dates every month. We encourage students to apply sooner to ensure they get their preferred day of study. View our 2017/2018 ACS IT Professional Year Program start dates.
IT Professional Year Course Duration: 44 weeks (minimum) including a 12 week IT internship placement.
Professional Year Class Size: Maximum 25
ACS IT Professional Year Program – Entry Requirements
To be eligible for the ACS Professional Year in IT you must have:
- Completed a recognised IT degree in Australia that provides a minimum of 2 years credit points. This must be completed over a minimum of 18 months
- Obtained or applied for a Graduate (Temporary) Visa (subclass 485) with a minimum 12 months validity
- A current IELTS score of 6.0 overall and not less than 5.0 in any skill, or equivalent English test result
ACS IT Professional Year Program - Usual Fees
For our 6th – 12th March 2017 intake only, the ACS (IT) Professional Year will be at the above special rates.
* Please note Adelaide has classes on Tuesdays and Sundays only. To access this offer, students must submit all the required documents and have the appropriate visa at time of application. The price is only valid for applications received between 15th February 2017 and date of commencement. Students must commit to their study day throughout the duration of the Professional Year. If they want to change their study day, the difference in fees (if any) must be paid regardless of when the study day is changed.
For more information contact Steven Nguyen for Sydney (email | 02 8036 4291), Jose Ponce for Melbourne (email | 03 9049 9107) or Brendan for Adelaide (email | 02 8036 4258). Be quick to secure your preferred study day and price!