Why do an Internship?
You need work experience to get a job. But as a student or recent graduate, how do you gain that practical experience? One increasingly popular way is through a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) placement. Sometimes referred to as an Internship, a Work Integrated Learning placement is a practical training program in a work based environment.
The Australian job market is competitive and a WIL placement can help you stand out as a recent graduate. WIL placements provide an opportunity to trial the career you want, develop an understanding of a real workplace and add practical experience to your resume, whilst having a mentor guide and train you throughout. The Performance Careers Professional WIL Placement (Internship) Program helps candidates successfully bridge the gap from study to professional employment.
Benefits of an Work Integrated Learning (Internship) Program
- Gain Australian experience in your relevant field of study
- Develop your communication skills and confidence
- Learn how a business works
- Opportunity to apply what you studied in university
- Exploration of your future career path
- Relevant experience to add to your resumé
- Build your professional business network
- Opportunity to gain references and endorsements
- A mentor you can call upon for advice
Our dedicated internship placement teams in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide have a wealth of recruitment, internship placement, education and training experience – and know what it takes to succeed. To date we have helped 10,000 interns.